January 6: Social gathering
2003 Mar 11 14:13

Re: [vox-tech] full screen media player

Ryan wrote:
I am just using a built in Intel 845G video adapter. here are the stats
from mplayer.. Whenver I press 'F' the video gets centered at 640x480
(or whatever its default resolution is) and everything else on the
screen turns black, no resizing.
Hmm... I've seen something like this when there's already another copy of mplayer (or possibly even another video player running). I can't be very helpful with specifics, but maybe there's a device or a file that's in use by some other process. Also, have you tried calling mplayer with the -fs flag rather than trying to switch to fullscreen after opening the file?

Also, I've had relatively good success with VLC, Xine, and Ogle, but mplayer is by far the best for bizarre codecs and broken files.

Matt

#######################
$ mplayer -vo help

CPU: Intel  (Family: 8, Stepping: 4)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or
directory
Reading config file /home/ryan/.mplayer/config
Available video output drivers:
        xv      X11/Xv
        x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
        gl      X11 (OpenGL)
        gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        dga     DGA ( Direct Graphic Access V2.0 )
        sdl     SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
        fbdev   Framebuffer Device
        png     PNG file
        jpeg    JPEG file
        gif89a  animated GIF output
        null    Null video output
        pgm     PGM file
        md5     MD5 sum
        mpegpes Mpeg-PES file
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools (to "stream.yuv")
        vesa    VESA VBE 2.0 video output
        xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)