2003 Mar 10 23:24

Re: [vox-tech] SSH On Home Network

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> Hi Nino,
>
> During install I selected medium security and
> specified several servers that I wanted to run,
> including ssh.

Yeah after I sent the last email, I noticed that your iptables *seems* to
be allowing ssh in, but I'd still disable it just in case.

> > I'm not sure if 8.0's firewall runs ipchains or > iptables.  You can
> check > by typing "lsmod | grep ipchains".  If you see a > line there,
> then you can > disable the firewall by typing "ipchains -F".  If it >
> is running iptables, > typing "ipchains -F" should disable it.  Let us
> know > what happensi. <snip>

I meant try typing "iptables -F" if running iptables, but you got the
idea.

And yeah, its safe to type it even though you mysteriously have no man
pages on it.  It just flushes out any rules you have defined in your
firewall.