2003 Mar 10 15:35

Re: [vox-tech] SSH On Home Network

Jim Angstadt said:
[likely need works with filters]
> Could you give me a starting point for this, please.

Mike Simmons has asked for the output from two commands in a response to
this. This should help you along this path.

In addition to his request, could you also pass the contents of the files:
/etc/hosts.allow
/etc/hosts.deny
If they do not exist, or do not contain references to the number "22" or
the word "ssh" then you do not need to include them here.

There are several ways to implement filters with ssh. The mostl likely
cause for the problems you face is one of iptables being configured with a
very aggressive rule to stop incoming ssh traffic. (Conclusions on this
will be addressed when you provide the output of the iptables command he
asked for.)

ssh also has a "built-in" for filtering. It is possible to build ssh with
support for "tcp wrappers" which is why I wanted to also see the contents
of /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny too.

(I'm almost certain, that iptables is where the problem resides.)

Thanks,
-ME