2003 Mar 10 16:20

Re: [vox-tech] SSH On Home Network

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:28:44PM -0800, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> Immediately after failed ssh attempts, I did not find
> any error messages in /var/log/messages.
>
> Below is a summary of my attempts to connect between
> various boxes.  What should I do?

  There are a number of possible problems... most likely you have some
sort of firewall configuration running on the redhat box or maybe
sshd is configured to only accept connections with specific version of
ssh protocol.

  run and send results.
====
iptables -nvL
ifconfig
grep ^Protocol /etc/ssh/sshd*
====

  Also for additional information try a "ssh -v" to connect from your
rh7.2 box and include a ifconfig.

    TTFN,
      Mike