2003 Mar 04 17:32

[vox-tech] Burning CD's in Linux

I'm trying to get my CDRW to work under Linux.  I'm following some directions
from the CD Write How To, and from another website.  I'm at the point where I
am supposed to type "cdrecord -scanbus."  I get this error message when I do:

"cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI
driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root."

I do not have a /dev/pg, whatever that is.  Does anyone know what this error
message means?

Also, isn't there an easier program one can use to burn CD's with?

Thank you.

Bob