2003 Mar 02 17:51

Re: [vox-tech] My Next Handheld

you didn't ask, but i'll throw in my opinion, since i agonized over this
very issue.  i'm very particular and am prone to researching the heck
out of anything i buy.

i got the visor prism.  handspring is either getting out of or is
already out of the handheld business.  however, that really doesn't mean
anything other than you can get them even CHEAPER than they already
were.

i got my prism for a little over $100.  it has true color and palm OS
3.5.

the only squabble i have is that the protective case doesn't slid on the
back of the handheld the way the other handsprings do.

the high point of the prism is the battery life.  my prism can go a
month, easily, and with heavy usage, before it needs a recharge.

i understand someone not wanting to buy an end of life product, but the
prism (which i've had for a year now?) has been one of the few devices
that i can honestly say does everything i need it to, and does it well.
and is cheap.  very worth the money i spent on it, many times over.

pete

begin Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>