2003 Mar 02 15:58

[vox-tech] Advice Needed: Getting 802.11b Wireless Card Recognized

[vox-tech] Advice Needed: Getting 802.11b Wireless Card Recognized

I've set up an 802.11b wireless network at home, with three Dell machines running Windoze. For hardware that purports to be plug-and-play, I've spent numerous hours playing around
trying to get it running. Owing to being a novice at network concepts, it probably works more
by accident than by anything I did purposely.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I have a fourth Dell box that I've dedicated to Linux, and have
RH 8 running. The wireless NIC is a D-Link DWL-650, which is on the RH 8 HCL.

The card was installed when I installed RH 8, but apparently was not detected.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the UNIX/Linux System Administration class at UCR, but
I'd rate my experience as a Linux user as novice, being fairly new to the OS.

Any pointers on configuring the beast to get it working on my LAN would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance...Jim