2003 Feb 28 13:05

[vox-tech] booting off an external hard drive

[vox-tech] booting off an external hard drive

I have a laptop that is a few years old and only has a 10GB hard drive
that is almost full.  I would like to increase that and be able to dual
boot my computer.  Right now I am using Windows XPpro and have RH8.0
installed on a desktop.  I was wondering if anyone knows if you can boot
off an external hard drive either connected via the firewire or through
a SCSI card in a PCMCIA card slot?  If not, is it possible to just have
a "skeleton" of Linux on the internal hard drive and have most of the
programs and files on the external one?

Jennifer