2003 Feb 27 13:15

Re: [vox-tech] Skipping sound

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:14:09PM -0800, Samuel Merritt wrote:
> If I have music playing and I move a window around, switch windows, or
> scroll a window, the music stutters. I'm using XFree86 4.2.1 and ALSA
> 0.9.0rc2 (defaults for Mandrake 9).
[...]
> I've also tried switching between ALSA and OSS. It makes no difference.

  I don't have a solution... but checking a few more details.

- Is the sound source a mp3, ogg, or CD in a CDROM drive?
- What sound player are you using and have you tried any others?
- When playing the sound source how busy does "top" or "vmstat 1" show
  the CPU being?
- Is the video card AGP or PCI?