2003 Feb 26 22:22

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Re: Problem - PS/2 port still live after shutdown (Jay Strauss)

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Re: Problem - PS/2 port still live after shutdown (Jay Strauss)

begin Harry S <gnulinux@rosecomputing.com>
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 03:55:31PM +1300, D & E Radel wrote:
> > It's an MS Intellimouse Explorer (3 button / wheel) USB plugged into the PS/2
> > with the adapter.
>
> I have no answer for you on turning off the LED.
>
> Your question had me wonder... (Any E.E. Students out there???)
> -What is the typical life of LEDs, years?
> -What is the typical power usage of LEDs, milliwatts?

ok, i'm not exactly an EE student...

LED lifetime is unlimited.  i've read that after 10 years of continual
use, you'll see a barely noticeable drop in luminosity.

i think the drop over an ideal LED is approximately .5 volts.

pete