2003 Feb 24 17:27

Re: [vox-tech] Getting apache 2.0.44 and mysql 3.23.54a to talk

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 11:41:57AM -0800, Thomas Wieglenda wrote:
> Hey all, I'm trying to compile the mod_auth_mysql module into apache using
> apxs, but I keep getting errors when I try to compile.  Apache was
> configured with DSO support, and PHP works just fine using the libmodphp
> module, but the mysql module isn't working at all.  I get a bunch of errors,
> starting out with:
>
> 195:25::mysql/mysql.h:  no such file or directory
> 221: parse error before '*' token
> 221: warning: data definition has no type or service class

I'm guessing you installed a pre-compiled mysql binary for your system?
It looks like you don't have the headers for mysql development.
If that's the case, there should be a corresponding mysql-nnn-dev
package.

Also Mysql 4.10 is gamma.  I've been using the 4.x series in production
and without serious problems since August.  The bugs that have been
reported have been pretty obscure.

-troy