2003 Feb 18 01:20

[vox-tech] non-ascii characters in vi (was: [OT] telemarketing calls)

[vox-tech] non-ascii characters in vi (was: [OT] telemarketing calls)

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:15:07PM -0800, Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote:
[...]
> [1] Does anyone know how to enter special characters in vi?  Like, say, the
> "section" (funny-looking "S") character?  Shanks.

Sure, if your vi is Vim. For , use control-k SE (note case). See digraphs in
the help. Also, :digraphs shows a list of know digraphs (which is very large
indeed if your locale uses Unicode as the character set). You can also enter
any available character by its numeric code using control-v u <hex code>; see
i_CTRL-V_digit in the help.

--
Henry House