2003 Feb 17 11:34

[vox-tech] Fun with IMAP

Here's the way my computer works for e-mail so far.

First, I run Fetchmail to get my mail from my provider's POP server.
Fetchmail deletes those messages from my POP server.

Then IMAP takes care of delivering those messages, either to a generic
mbox folder for Evolution, or to Squirrelmail, depending on how I'm
accessing my mail (either from my desktop or remotely through a web
browser).

When I run Evolution, the messages get pulled from their original folder
into a generic folder.

I can set up Evolution to point at the IMAP folders, so that what I see
in Evolution is a mirror of what I would see when looking at my mail in
Squirrelmail.  That's done, and that was very easy.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to create new IMAP sub-folders.
Can anyone point me at some generic instructions for that?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford