2003 Feb 28 23:50

Re: [vox-tech] Seeking Monitor Color Test program...

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:33:00PM -0500, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> (basically a delay before screen changes of 1/4 of a second, and the
> ability to control how many pixels wide each rect is... defaulting to
> 1 pixel each, default to a fullscreen mode not window'd app, ability
> to pick the color range that is scrolled over so that it's possible
> to narrow down where the bad colors are, and the ability to print
> color number to stdout for start/end of page.)

It doesn't do exactly what you want at the moment, but it's a basic start:

  ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/nbs/unix/x/colortest/colortest-2003.02.13.tar.gz

Use [R], [G] and [B] to change the RGB values.
[SHIFT] will make the colors go down.
[CTRL] will make the color change by 1 (rather than by 16)

[?] toggles display of RGB values.
[P] changes RGB value display's position (top left or bottom left corners)

"colortest --help"  for all of the details.

Requires libSDL.  Uses BMPs to display RGB values, so no extra libs needed.
( http://www.libsdl.org/ )

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick