2003 Feb 13 13:04

Re: [vox-tech] Seeking Monitor Color Test program...

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:19:34AM -0800, Marc Hasbrouck wrote:
> http://www.taltech.com/TALtech_web/support/pins2.html
>
> Does the Monitor end of the cable look like the pin
> out on the bottom right of this page?

  The computer side and monitor side of the cable we have are slightly
different.  The computer side of the cable has two blocks of pins

X X X O O X X X
X X X O O X X X  ---
X X X O O X X X

  the 'O' are blanks where pins could be but are not.  The 'X's are pins.
there are no pins around the 'spade' thing.

  The monitor side of the cable looks something like this:

X X X X X X X * X X
X X X X X X X * X X  ---
X X X X X X X * X X

  There are two columns of additional pins, and the third column of pins
(shown as '*') appear to be pushed into the cable by 1/8th of an inch or so.

  Sigh, so maybe someone with a DVI cable can report if this is anything
like what they have.  :)

    Thanks,
      Mike