2003 Feb 12 16:26

Re: [vox-tech] glibc and socket()

Up spake Jeff Newmiller on Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:38:45AM -0800:
> Have you used
>   display/i $pc
>   stepi
>   stepi
>   (etc...)
> in gdb to see where in the course of the many instructions involved in
> performing the function call that the problem occurs?

You're absolutely right as usual, Jeff; stepping through assembly is proving
massively helpful.

(Why didn't I think of that?)

You're a peach!

--nicole twn

***
"Always expect to be disappointed, and you won't."--from the Compendium of
Rarely Used Cliches
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.