2003 Feb 12 15:56

Re: [vox-tech] X server help

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:19:42PM -0800, Jennifer Stickel wrote:
> > Hmm.  You might try grabbing the src rpm for glx and --rebuild that as
> well.
> >
> <http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.src.
> rpm>
> >
> > If you have the 'wget' command, you can use it from the console to
> > retrieve the file.
> >
> I'll try that now, but here is the full log output from startx

Actually, scratch that.  From looking at your startx log, the modules
seem to load fine, and they're the correct nvidia modules.

Oh, duh!
What does the lsmod command show?

If you don't see nvidia, then you'll need to:
# insmod nvidia

If that works, then stick this in /etc/modules.conf:
alias char-major-195 nvidia

Thanks for the logfile; it was helpful.

-troy