2003 Feb 14 00:26

Re: [vox-tech] X server help

Did you check the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file to be sure you have the two lines*
Load "dri"*
*Load "GLcore" *
commented out?

Did you have the same patch level (4191) for both the NVIDIA_kernel and NVIDIA_GLX patches?

Regards,
Jeff DeFay

Jennifer Stickel wrote:

Thanks for the help. I am getting closer now I think. I got the
drivers from NVIDIA and installed them as mentioned on the website. Now
when I try 'startx' I get the error

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting.

When I look in the log file, everything seems to load properly up until
it says
(II) [GLX]: Initializing GLX extension.

Then I get the error above and X server stops.
Any thoughts?
Jennifer