2003 Feb 11 10:40

Re: [vox-tech] xmms failure

XMMS depends on other packages. For instance with Debian I have
to install unzip or I can't use skins. You may have updated a
package that was required and now XMMS does not see the required
package. This is only a guess though.

Rusty

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 10:13 am, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> I have been using xmms for quite some time, but just this
> morning it stopped working!  All of its plugins seem to have
> dissapeared.  The only change since I last used xmms
> succesfully was a RH up2date of an unrelated program.
>
> I try to do an rpm uninstall of xmms, but it tells me it is
> not installed.  Yet, the xmms binary is still in
> usr/share/bin.  So I try to do an rpm install of xmms, hoping
> it will overwrite any lost files, etc, and I get this error:
>
> # rpm -Uvh xmms-1.2.7-13.p.i386.rpm
> Preparing...
> ########################################### [100%]
>     1:xmms
> ########################################### [100%]
> error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: lstat failed - Value
> too large for defined data type
>
> Any help out there?  Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Rusty Minden CCNA
Cell	(916) 308-4672
Home	(916) 564-8035
clownsinc@attbi.com
if@lugod.org

Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly
around women. And I hope I never get into that.
--William J. Clinton - Bill Clinton