2003 Feb 06 11:59

Re: kmail problem (was [vox-tech] linux or bust)

Re: kmail problem (was [vox-tech] linux or bust)

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:07:07AM -0800, Jim wrote:
<snip>

> P.s.:  I tried to a linux editor (kword?) but I was unable to open it under
> windows.  Is there some other program that I could have used or could I have
> simply have saved it as a .txt file?

This is one of my complaints about GUIs.  The pop-up windows with
errors (which can be important when posting a question to a mailing list
or Usenet, or e-mailing a tech support person) often don't provide any way
of highlighting and copying the error message! >:^(

The same thing with "about" windows.  Nowadays, most of them have clickable
links for URLs and e-mail addresses, which is a step in the right direction
(I guess; I don't use a GUI mail client, so I'll need to launch it and copy
the URL from there, and then paste it into my terminal window where I'm
SSH'd to my ISP and running the "Mutt" mail client), but still not perfect.

A lot of "about" windows still provide no way of getting info out of the
window and into another program, so you have to sit there and use your
eyes, hands and brains to copy and paste an URL or e-mail address between
the window and your web browser or mail client.

Fooey :^P  Maybe I should see if I can go harass that newly formed
coalition (or whatever it is) between KDE and GNOME. ;^)