2003 Feb 06 14:15

Re: [vox-tech] mod_throttle

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:50:06AM -0800, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
<snip>

> Also look into mod_gzip. It's supported by almost all modern browsers.

I've asked about it for my other website (which is not on a colo'd box,
so my ISP would need to install it globally for me :^) )

The problem with mod_gzip is that the server I'm dealing with right now
(putting mod_throttle on) has an average load average of 10 or so. :^)

Also, the bulk of the visitors are WebTV users, and, although I haven't
looked into it to be sure, I seriously doubt they support gzipped content.
(Besides, their boxes are quite slow, as well)

<snip>
> mod_bandwidth also looks interesting.
>
> http://www.cohprog.com/mod_bandwidth.html

Thanks, I'll take a look!