2003 Feb 06 11:40

Re: kmail problem (was [vox-tech] linux or bust)

Re: kmail problem (was [vox-tech] linux or bust)

Up spake Jim on Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:07:07AM -0800:
> P.s.:  I tried to a linux editor (kword?) but I was unable to open it under
> windows.  Is there some other program that I could have used or could I have
> simply have saved it as a .txt file?

Kword saves in a Speshul KWord File Furhmat(tm), interpretable by Kword only.
To save files so that they can be opened by MS Word, try:
1) Saving in MS Word format (Save as... select 'MS Word' from the menu)
2) Saving in RTF (rich text format), a MS format almost indistiguishable from
Word native format (.doc)
3) Saving as a PDF (if possible),
4) Saving as an HTML file (anywhere from some to most of your special
formatting will be lost)
4) or saving, as you guessed, as a plain text file (your special formatting will
be lost).

HTH

--nicole twn

***
"Always expect to be disappointed, and you won't."--from the Compendium of
Rarely Used Cliches
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.