2003 Jan 30 20:05

Re: [vox-tech] newbie annoyed with tin

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:05:31AM -0800, Katie wrote:
<snip>
> I entered and saved the info in vi, changed the permissions using chmod
> a+x <filename>, tried to run it and nothing happened.  I'm pretty sure
> it's in the search path.

When in doubt, go into the directory where the shell script is, and try:

  ./name-of-script.sh

(the "./" is the magic part here :^) )

> Can someone give me a step by step procedure for turning this into a shell
> script, please.

Well, show us what you've got.  (Just copy-and-paste the contents of
your script into the body of an e-mail.)

NOTE:  BE SURE TO REMOVE YOUR "login:password" PART, otherwise you'll be
sharing your UCD password with the world!!! :^)

NOTE:  PLEASE NOTE WHAT I JUST SAID ABOVE ;)  [*]

-bill!
[*] On LUGOD's membership sign-up forms, I've put at the top
    "Please print clearly" in one spot.  Later on, I also put
    "And also... PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY!"

    Nobody every listens. :^(  The worst is when people write in cursive.
    Cursive was never meant for e-mail addresses. ;^)