January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 29 14:25

Re: [vox-tech] newbie annoyed with tin

Well, I did everything suggested, but when I put in tin -r it connects to
news.ucdavis.edu, but then gives me:

servers active-file contains no newsgroups
Exiting

and it takes me back to the command line.  Does this have to do with what
I did?

There was already stuff in the .bashrc file, but I added the line
NNTPSERVER=news.ucdavis.edu at the end of the other stuff.