2003 Jan 25 17:53

Re: [vox-tech] newbie now having trouble with pico

on Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 03:53:34PM -0800, Katie (krwright1@yahoo.com) wrote:
> problem #2 of ??????? :-)
>
> So now I'm trying to install pico.

'nano' is a free version of pico.  This may aid your install.

> I downloaded it and tried
> installation through KPackage, but was told I needed:
>
> libtinfo.so.5
>
> I looked it up on rpmfind and it said it was contained in
>
> ncurses-5.2-34.i686(ori386).rpm
>
> which I downloaded, but when I tried to install it I got:
>
> <ome/katie/.kpackage/ncurses-5.2-34.i686.rpm;echo RESULT=$?
> error: failed dependencies:
> 	libncurses5 = 5.2 is needed by libncurses5-devel-5.2-27mdk
> 	libncurses5 >= 5.2 is needed by php-readline-4.2.3-1mdk
> 	libncurses5 is needed by scli-0.2.9-2mdk
> 	libpanel.so.5   is needed by python-2.2.1-13mdk
> RESULT=1
>
> This doesn't make sense to me.  What do I do?

Install Debian ;-)

Or you can resolve your deps in RPM manually.  One of the local RH
masochists may be able to point you to the RPM hell resolver flavor of
the week, I can't keep up with all of 'em myself, and prefer things that
Just Work[tm].

Peace.