2003 Jan 26 20:44

[vox-tech] newbie now having trouble with pico

[vox-tech] newbie now having trouble with pico

problem #2 of ??????? :-)

So now I'm trying to install pico.  I downloaded it and tried
installation through KPackage, but was told I needed:

libtinfo.so.5

I looked it up on rpmfind and it said it was contained in

ncurses-5.2-34.i686(ori386).rpm

which I downloaded, but when I tried to install it I got:

<ome/katie/.kpackage/ncurses-5.2-34.i686.rpm;echo RESULT=$?
error: failed dependencies:
	libncurses5 = 5.2 is needed by libncurses5-devel-5.2-27mdk
	libncurses5 >= 5.2 is needed by php-readline-4.2.3-1mdk
	libncurses5 is needed by scli-0.2.9-2mdk
	libpanel.so.5   is needed by python-2.2.1-13mdk
RESULT=1

This doesn't make sense to me.  What do I do?

Katie

=====
Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
One is to let her think she is having her own way,
and the other is to let her have it. :)