2003 Jan 25 09:51

[vox-tech] newbie annoyed with tin

Oh wise and powerful rulers of linux, I grovel before
you seeking your wisdom.

I wanted tin, so I downloaded it from the net.  When I
tried to install it with KPackage I was told it needed
libncurses.  So I downloaded and installed libncurses.
 Then I installed tin.  It seemed to be successful.  I
brought up a terminal to try it.  It didn't work.
Here's what happened:

1. [...katie]$tin
2. this message flashed at the bottom of the screen
really quickly:

copyright...
can't open /var/lib/news/active
try tin -r to read news via NNTP

3. [...katie]$

I tried the tin -r, got a "cannot connect to server"
message.  So I tried creating /var/lib/news/active.
That didn't work either.  2am is a bad time to be
dealing with this, maybe I just made a sloppy mistake.
 What do I do? :-(

=====
Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
One is to let her think she is having her own way,
and the other is to let her have it. :)