2003 Jan 20 11:29

Re: [vox-tech] gimp question: layers and resizing

Re: [vox-tech] gimp question: layers and resizing

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:06:08AM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
<snip>

> Create a new layer.  Make it white.  Merge with your existing
> transparent layer (that's what the checkerboard represents), or delete
> the transparent layer.  Or leave it...

There's no "transparent layer."  Every single one of his layers now have
transparency.

It's like he was given a sheet of white paper, and then he added some
sheets of cellophane on top of them.

Now he suddenly has a bigger desk to draw on, but none of his cellophane
(or the white paper at the bottom) have been made bigger.