2003 Jan 18 00:23

RE: [vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 14:31, Richard Burkhart wrote:

> And oh, I THINK that OO does not have translation ability for word perfect
> files.  But that's a dim memory that needs verification.

You're right, and it's the main reason why I've reluctantly given up on
WP on my Windows computer.

OOo is awfully nice for its cross-platform ability; I love being able to
work on the same document on either my Windows or my Linux computer
without having to change format or fuddle through too many "save as..."
dialog boxes.  If the WP for Linux product were halfway stable, I would
have stuck with that.

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford
is