2003 Jan 18 00:23

RE: [vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

RE: [vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

I've tried a LITTLE of open office (mostly on Dick Ely's machine when I'm
over there) ... it seems to work ok for translation of basic word documents.
Haven't tried it with the documents I have to do at work --
heavy-formatting/table of contents & figures & tables fields, footnotes,
etc.

Crossover office w. MS Word works *quite* well, from what I've been able to
experiment with.  According to crossover, everything works but the
#$*($*(@#@# paper clip help wizard.  I've pulled in work-related documents,
and all the formatting held perfectly.  If you've got a Win install sitting
next to your crossover install, I *believe* that crossover's Wine setup will
grab your fonts directory from Windows - so you'll have those fonts
available as needed.