2003 Jan 17 14:23

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone mess with Open Office out there?

Dick,

Thanks.  I've got the situation under control now; I wound up removing
the packages, then reinstalling them.  :)

How well does the Crossover Office product work for you?  I haven't
considered it very much because it seems unnecessary for the amount of
writing that I do now that absolutely requires Word, but that might
change once I start classes.

Richard

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 11:16, Dick Ely wrote:
> I'd be glad to try, however I pretty well gave up on OO.   Openoffice It
> is fine for "dear mom" letters that do not have to fit into a corporate
> world  but it is not ready for business which is unfortunately anal
> about the little things.   The Excel clone in particular, is just
> impossible to do graphics as needed.  I wish I were smart enough to help
> the OO people fix it up.
>
> I have migrated to Cross-Over.  Their package works for Word and Excel,
> which is what I use it for.  I have had no luck with their IE package,
> but that is not necessary.
>
> Regards,  Dick Ely
>
> Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>
> >Anyone out there spend a lot of time with Open Office, who'd be willing
> >to help me fix some problems?

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford
is