2003 Jan 16 15:59

[vox-tech] Reformatting a FAT32 partition

[vox-tech] Reformatting a FAT32 partition

While rebuilding my system, I created a partition that I meant to share between Windows and Linux for the occasional document that *has* to be in MS Word, or the occasional graphic that I just can't figure out how to fix in GIMP. Originally, I accidentally formatted the partition as FAT32, and got a message from my kernel as I was booting up that said, "Warning -- FAT32 support is still alpha." Which I knew, of course.

So now, I'm back in Windows, trying to reformat that partition as FAT instead of FAT32. Windows says it can't complete the format for some reason.

Anyone have any ideas why, or how to fix this?
--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K / Y!: rscrawford
mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com / http://www.mossroot.com

"The mome rath isn't born that could outgrabe me!"
--Nicol Williamson