2003 Jan 15 13:49

Re: [vox-tech] Mac OS X on intel?

If Apple did port OS X to Intel (which they alreay have internally for testing
darwin primarily, and as a back-up plan in case Motorola does not deliver the
G5)  Apple software typically will only boot on Apple hardware because of bios
issues.  If you try to boot OS X on older G3 machines, a firmware update is
required first.
    I believe this is also how they disabled the ability of customers to boot
directly into OS 9.  (not 100% sure on that though.)

--George

  > > On Wed, Jan 15, 2003
at 01:24:51PM -0800,
Ryan wrote: > > Does anyone know if it's possible to put OS X on an Intel PC?