2003 Jan 14 22:52

Re: [vox-tech] X4 and Intel 82810 graphics card

Re: [vox-tech] X4 and Intel 82810 graphics card

Quoting msimons@moria.simons-clan.com (msimons@moria.simons-clan.com):

> I've seen plenty of i810 graphics cards work.  If I remember correctly
> there is a kernel module called agpart or something that needs to be
> loaded (which reserves system memory for the chipset which comes with
> none) to be able to use that card.  So I don't think buying another
> card is needed.

Absolutely right.

It might also be easier with XFree86 3.3.6, than with 4.1.0.
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue52/tag/1.html
http://www.exocore.com/technologies/linux/i810/
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/tips/i810.html

All of those are a little old.  This one's newer, and addresses XFree86
4.x:  http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/i810-HOWTO/

--
Cheers,                                      "My file system's got no nodes!"
Rick Moen                                    "How does it shell?"