January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 13 06:54

[vox-tech] bridging subnets

The current set up I have in my home is with the Pacbell 5 static IP DSL. We have all 5 of the static ips in use and an additional 2 computers that are ipmasq'ed behind one of our linux machines. I'm looking for a howto but not very successful on how to bridge the subnets so that all the computers can be seen in the house.

For hardware, I'm guessing that I'll need 2 additional NICs where 1 NIC has a cable running to the ipmasq'ed HUB and the other NIC has a cable running to the HUB we have for all our static machines.

I'll most likely have to recompile the kernel too but I don't know how to test whether bridging is already supported.

thanx,
-ryan