2003 Jan 09 09:53

Re: [vox-tech] Cygwin/XFree86 question

Hah! Success! The trick was setting up xhost properly on the local device. Duh.

*slinking back to my hole now*

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
Getting closer. X server is not responding on the host. I'll make it work. My hammer's around here somewhere.

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

I've got Cygwin/XFree86 running on my WinXP laptop, and I'm trying to get a display from a remote session showing up in my Cygwin display.

I'm logged in to the remote server just fine via ssh.

However, when I try to run emacs, I get this error:

$ xemacs test.txt
connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: No such file or directory

...and when I try to run xterm, I get...

$ xterm
connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: No such file or directory
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).