January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 02 17:48

Re: [vox-tech] usb camera in RH 8.0

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 05:58:53AM -0800, Dick McCabe Jr wrote:
> After I switched from Mandrake 9.0 to Rh 8.0 I could no longer access my
> USB camera.  This is where I am so far.  But I don't know where to go
> from here.
>

> [root@localhost log]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: SAMSUNG  Model: CD-R/RW SW-408B  Rev: BS02
>   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: OLYMPUS  Model: C-120/D-380      Rev: 1.00
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> [root@localhost log]# cd /
> [root@localhost /]# mkdir /mycamera
> [root@localhost /]# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mycamera
> mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device

Dick: could you please run the following command and pass along the output:

	dmesg | grep -A 5 -B 5 'sd[a-e]' > scsi.log

The output will appear in the file 'scsi.log' (or what ever name you choose
instead). The dmesg command repays the kernel boot log, and grep will scan
for information on SCSI disks recognized by the kernel.

--
Henry House