[vox-tech] PHP Files Do Not Execute

Hi All,

Another question from a PHP newbie.

Yesterday my RH 7.2 box crashed due to UPS problems (
that's another story.)

After a power up, all seemed OK.  This morning I
notice that some of the PHP scripts do not work.
Others work fine.  All were working prior to the
crash.

For example, date.php, below, will act like text.  The
browser just displays the file.  It doesn't get
executed.

Another PHP file, in the same dir, with the same
permissions, works fine.

I scanned httpd.conf for any obvious corruption but
found none.

What should I look at now?

Thanks,
Jim

# --------------- date.php
<?php

if ( 1 ) {
  // thanks to "Ford, Mike [LSS]" <M.Ford@lmu.ac.uk>
  echo "Testing Date Functions<br /><br />";

  $my_date = "December 10, 2002 22:13:09";
  echo "my date: $my_date<br />";

  $my_date .=  " GMT";
  echo "my date: $my_date<br />";

  // testing on my test server...
  // with the string " GMT", echo $my_stamp ->
1039558389
  // without it, echo $my_stamp  ------------>
1039525989

  $my_stamp = strtotime($my_date);
  echo "my stamp: $my_stamp<br />";

  echo gmdate('D, d M Y G:i:s', $my_stamp);

  // Conclusion: Using strtotime() with GMT will
create
  //   a timestamp that if used with gmdate() will
produce
  //   desired result whichever timezone you run the
script.
}

?>