Re: [vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Lapto

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Laptop?

Larry,

Yep, my corporate lappy-top was dual-booted XP and Debian Woody prior to
the lame BIOS password turning it into a brick (with no recovery option,
per IBM's goal to make it 'theft-proof').

Just install XP first, then Linux.  Make sure to tell LILO or Grub about
the NTFS (you *did* use NTFS, right?) partition and it should boot fine
(at least, it does on my T20 and did on the 570E).

Hope this helps a little.  I'm sure we can suggest HOWTOs if needs be.

- Geoff, lost in the Pacific Northwest without his map...

begin  Larry Ozeran quotation: