Re: [vox-tech] perl question -- running a bash built-in

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 02:25:39PM -0800, Michael Wenk wrote:
> Also, the best way to get help on an individual function is with the
> perldoc -f <func>.

  I didn't know about this perldoc thing... it seems good if you know
what you are after.  I'll consider referencing perldoc in the future...

  I find the perlfunc list of Perl Functions by Category to be useful at a
glance.  Is there some way to pull that out as well?

    Thanks,
      Mike

  The two spaces before and one space after a function when searching
perlfunc is a method I've created to avoid getting stuck in the wrong part
of the manual too many times (it still has problems anytime the word being
searched for begins a line of course)...
  People who have the time should read all of perlfunc as it is a great
reference.