2002 Nov 28 12:55

Re: [vox-tech] Trouble with apt-get

begin Rusty Minden <clownsinc@attbi.com>
> Ximian was the old Helix Gnome.

ahhh.... that makes perfect sense (note: i don't know what helix is, but
i know what gnome is).

you almost certainly can't have ximian and gnome desktops on the same
machine.

i WOULD say certainly, but debian bends over backwards to do stuff like
letting you have X3 and X4 on the same system.   but you said the ximian
stuff isn't a debian produced package?

so i'd have to agree with rick and say, if it was made by debian, it
might be possible to have both on the same system.  otherwise, it's not
shocking that it doesn't play well with the debian GNOME desktop.

pete