2002 Nov 27 16:15

Re: [vox-tech] (no subject)

I have no first hand experience, but a former colleague used RTLinux
and standard PC parallel/serial port interfaces to control some external
communication systems during development and, later, for test.
Depending on how many channels you need and the signal BW's,
a similar approach might work for you.

Linux is ideally suited for what you need, and I refused to believe
there wouldn't be lots of stuff for it.  So, a quick google produced
the following.

National Instruments has LabVIEW, one of the standards for data
acquisition, and they support linux with SW and HW.  This is going
to be very high quality stuff, but not cheap:
  http://www.ni.com/linux/

The following sites look good:
  http://www.imca.aps.anl.gov/~lavender/linux_daq.html
  http://www.mstarlabs.com/software/linux.html