2002 Nov 26 23:05

Re: [vox-tech] No sound with Xine

Dick McCabe Jr said:
> I am using Mandrake 9.0 which comes with Xine.  But when I play an avi
> file I get the video but no sound.  My sound works on everything else.
> I checked the settings and at the sound setup it said null.  I tried to
> change the driver but it just went back to null.
>
> I am using an ASUS A7V333 with C-Media CM8738 onboard sound.  (Mandrake
> recognized it and configured it automatically)

If sound is working "with everything else" but not this, you may wish to
consider examining how sound is setup on your system. Perhaps you have an
"esd" running or some other daemonized sound system. If so, see if Xine
supports esd or the daemonized sound system you are using and try to
enable it.

I find vmware does not like esd running for sound access. Perhaps xine is
similar.