2002 Nov 25 16:39

Re: [vox-tech] shuffling arrays in C?

Doesn't sound too tough to write your own algorithm.  For
example you can iterate through your array and swap each
element in turn with another randomly chosen element.

If the elements are large, it will be helpful (faster) to
build an array of pointers to the elements in the main
array, and then just shuffle that.

Details are left as an exercise for the reader.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/