January 6: Social gathering
2002 Nov 21 20:14

Re: [vox-tech] Linux on an Alpha server

Special programs that use the cpu or have x86 asm routines.

Places to worry:
Linux x86 vmware, DOSEmu, Wine, Basalisk.
(This does not mean they will NOT work, it is just a list of things that I
would not be surprised if they did not work.)

There have been some "bugs" in endian handling with obscure results when
compiled for x86 linux vs other architectures - dont recall if the Alpha
was one of these, though PPC was. (EG reiserfs - resolved i think)

FWIW, HTH

-ME