2002 Nov 21 19:33

Re: [vox-tech] Linux on an Alpha server

Hi Steven,

I used to work with an Alpha, and I didn't see a lot of incompatibilities.
However, that was when I didn't know much about Linux.  Prepackaged RPMs
will be fewer than i386 packages, but as long as you have the source, I
think you'll be fine.  When you have the source, remember to read the
documentation to see if there are any special compilation instructions for
the architecture.  That's all I can remember and recommend right now.

HTH, FL