2002 Nov 19 16:07

[vox-tech] mysql and linux - tech help

hi, I am looking for some tech help with mysql on my
linux computers. basicly, I am getting the following
error

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

What I want to do is run mysql localy, not over a
network or anything odd. I have three linux boxes
which all need to be running mysql.

Should someone be able to come in person(I live in
Davis) and help me I would be more than willing to pay
you for your time.

=====