2002 Nov 14 17:40

Re: [vox-tech] Omsoft transparent HTTP proxy

Re: [vox-tech] Omsoft transparent HTTP proxy

Well I know the web browser transmits the hostname that you
requested along with the rest of the URL.  This is required
in order for name-based virtual hosting to work.

So it appears your browser does not fill in a missing domain
in the passed hostname.  Whether it should, I'm not sure.
You might try some different browsers and see if they do it.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/