2002 Nov 14 12:28

Re: [vox-tech] vim question

Quoting Mark K. Kim (markslist@cbreak.org):

> So what happens if you type:
>
>    xhost +username
>
> and someone creates a machine named "username"?  Can anyone from that
> machine access your X?

Damned if I know, partner.

You'll note that I very cautiously said "the xhost manpage says...", and
pointed out that I'd deliberately eschewed usage of xhost entirely up
until now, as a hopeless security risk.

But you can answer your question for yourself using one or both of the
following two time-tested methods:

1.  Experiment.
2.  Read the Fine Source Code.

--
Cheers,                                     Bah humbug.  Shop late.
Rick Moen                                   Happy unChristmas.