2002 Nov 06 19:10

RE: [vox-tech] Apache 2 virtual hosts configuration issue

Title: Message
Steve,
Where is your DocumentRoot pointing to?
In Redhat the configuration file is in:
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

On my single server this section looks like:

# Documents
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
UserDir public_html
IndexOptions FancyIndexing

Alfredo
-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Peck [mailto:speck@blkmtn.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 8:56 PM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: [vox-tech] Apache 2 virtual hosts configuration issue

Ok,

I have Red Hat 8 running Apache 2.  Running on an internal test LAN.

We'll use server.com and example.net for names as none of them are accessible from the Internet yet.

Using their Apacheconf utility I have set up 2 virtual hosts.
If I use the name www.server.com I get the default Apache page.
If I use the name www.example.net I get the default Apache page.

If I use the name www.server.com/index.html I get the web page of the site I moved there.
If I use the name www.example.net/index.html I get the web page of the site I moved there.

If I specify ANY of the pages I moved there, I get them.  If I do not specify a page, I get the default Apache web page.

I have done this before with Apache 1.3 and the conf files look the same.  Any ideas on where to start reading?

-sp